|Tree||Cercis canadensis 'Forest Pansy'||
|Description||This small, attractive tree has spectacular heart-shaped, burgundy coloured leaves that continually change colour throughout the year. A rich purple in spring, the foliage transforms to green over summer, followed by a multi-coloured autumn display in tones of red, apricot and gold. The branches have a distinctive, smooth, dark brown wood which contrasts well with the blossom like pink flowers that are borne before the re-emergence of leaves in spring.|
|Mature Size||5 x 5m grafted|
|Uses||A stunning feature tree for small gardens or courtyards. Also works well in larger gardens for interesting foliage and stunning spring flowers.|
|Position & Soil||This tree will tolerate most soils but doesn't like prolonged periods of drought or periods of wet. Best in deep well-drained fertile soils.|
• 30cm/14L (1.0-1.4m)
• 40cm/27L (1.6-1.8m)
• 50cm/52L (2.0-2.5m)
• 100L (2.5-3.0m)
• 150L (3.2-3.5m)
• 200L (3.0-4.0m)
• Acer japonicum 'Vitifolium'
• Acer palmatum
• Acer palmatum 'Atropurpureum'
• Acer palmatum 'Bloodgood'
• Acer palmatum 'Dissectum Seiyru'
• Acer palmatum 'Osakazuki'
• Acer palmatum 'Sango Kaku'
• Acer platanoides 'Crimson Sentry'
• Betula populifolia 'Royal Frost'
• Cercis canadensis
• Cercis chinensis
• Cercis siliquastrum
• Cotinus coggygria 'Grace'
• Cotinus coggygria 'Royal Purple'
• Cotinus coggygria 'Velvet Cloak'
• Cotinus coggygria purpurea
• Lagerstroemia indica x fauriei 'Tuscarora'
• Prunus virginiana 'Purple Jewel'
• Prunus x blireana
We are specialists in the environmentally sustainable production of premium quality advanced landscaping trees and screens.
For more than 40 years Speciality Trees has been a leader in the production and supply of advanced environmentally sustainable, containerised landscape trees for local government, the landscaping industry and retailers.Learn more